Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Left Behind...

Been a while since I posted, I see. Well, moving and taking a new call and getting your bearings can consume lots of time. But here I am, eyes fixed on screen, looking to share some thoughts.
I'm preaching this weekend. It happens to be All Saints Sunday. We remember those that have gone before us and perhaps most importantly, what they left behind. One of my favorite life words and the topic of my sermon this coming Sunday is legacy.
When those saints go off to be with Jesus, they leave behind a new expression of themselves. It is everything they invested themselves in; their time, their talents, their love, and their gifts. Legacy is the continuous ripple that spreads from a single point, from a single life, through close family and friends and outward into the world. I'm always both encouraged and convicted that in this life we are always in the midst of legacy building. Every interaction we have, every conversation or chance meeting leaves an imprint of our legacy. Are we increasing joy? Are we sharing the love? Are we embodying the Faith? Or are we sharing our cynicism, our negativity, our despair? Every day is a chance to establish our legacy. How will we be remembered? Sometimes we get a year, sometimes a lifetime, sometimes just one chance to be remembered and impact someone. What will your today contribute to your legacy? We'll see you this Sunday for some more thoughts on legacy.
Blessings,
Pastor Luke